History & Tradition
BB&N - A Brief History
Buckingham Browne & Nichols School, a coeducational day school in Cambridge, was established in 1974, though its origins date back nearly a century earlier.
BB&N came into existence through the merger of two schools in Cambridge—the Browne & Nichols School, a school for boys founded in 1883 by one-time Harvard classmates George H. Browne and Edgar H. Nichols; and the Buckingham School, established six years later at the corner of Buckingham Street and Buckingham Place by Jeannette Markham, a transplanted Kansan who had come to Cambridge to study at what would later become known as Radcliffe College. Buckingham School (originally Miss Markham’s School) was coeducational at the youngest grades, and for girls only at the higher grades.
The two schools operated independently for decades, but were collaborating on theater productions and music concerts by the 1950s, and started offering joint classes in 1970. The formal merger that created Buckingham Browne & Nichols became effective on New Year’s Day, 1974.
BB&N today offers a premier educational experience to boys and girls in grades Beginner (pre-K) though 12 on three campuses united in the singular pursuit of educational excellence.
A variety of school traditions mark the BB&N calendar—some old, some new, some celebrated by one school or another, and some celebrated by the entire school community.
- 马戏团 - 游戏，游乐设施，娱乐，工艺品，刚才的一切你所期望的一个马戏团，减去狮子。这近70年历史的年度盛会，在较低的学校举行，筹集资金用于财政援助。
- 查尔斯的头 - Join the festivities at BB&N's Eliot Bridge boathouse, an enviable venue from which to watch—or compete in—the world's largest rowing regatta, held each 十月ober on the Charles River.
- 感恩日 - 中部高中生通过广泛的澳门赌场网址大全和地区的社区服务项目的感谢感恩节的前一天。
- 露营 - 户外教育和队伍建设中MT的影子。残丘。露营，在9年级开始，皮背贴面的学生带到学校，而教学技能的成功，像如何与意外，同学之间相互支持的重要性，应对至关重要。
- 高级小品 - 在拳王大四“烤”教师，并且是自己“烤”在此嬉戏，巧妙的右后卫，和最终的年不敬的事件。
- 归国 - 足球等秋季运动，校风，等秋天的壮观...
- 大三学生的个人资料 - 大三学生写了深入的轮廓有些人，不论贫富，知名与否，谁尔虞我诈他们，表面和刻板印象下潜水，揭示人物的深度。
- 高级项目 - 老年人计划和实施一个独立的项目联期间的利益，他们的最后两个月学校的学术目标，社区服务，职业理想，或其他。