Centre for Sport Science & Human Performance
Sport and recreation brings considerable value in terms of economic benefits, health savings and social and cultural gains.
It is estimated to contribute around $5 billion to the New Zealand economy each year – on par with the dairy industry. 研究 has shown that sport and active recreation resulted in gains in productivity and health benefits valued at a further $1 billion.
Our Centre for Sport Science & Human Performance offers students' qualifications in training, sport medicine, fitness, rehabilitation and sport psychology that will help them forge a career in sport science anywhere in the world.
To be internationally competitive, professional athletes rely on skilled practitioners for the latest and best scientific information and techniques. The fitness and recreation industries are becoming increasingly specialized, requiring a range of qualified professionals.
Our sports science laboratories at our Rotokauri campus in north Hamilton enable students to work alongside athletes as part of their study. Post-graduate qualifications are tailored to meet the research needs of athletes in a range of disciplines.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.key sports bodies, regionally and nationally, including Sport Waikato and High Performance Sport New Zealand – both of whom are located on our Rotokauri campus.
我们的工作人员 are experts in their chosen fields, often practicing athletes themselves and engaged in industry research. Many are connected with regional and national sports teams in a variety of roles such as coaches, managers and nutritionists.
To empower and inspire by being the leading sport, exercise, health and wellness education provider in New Zealand and beyond.
As a Centre we achieve our vision by:
- Implementing innovative teaching practices including blended delivery.
- Meeting the needs of all learners, especially Maori and international students, within the School.
- Partnering and influencing stakeholders.
- Leading innovative specialist and applied research nationally and internationally.
- Being actively involved in community engagement.
- Building a strong platform of knowledge and skills for students to be recognised as “Graduates of Choice” in our industry and our communities.
关于 Our Qualifications and 程式
The Centre offers courses at Certificate, Diploma, Degree and Postgraduate levels are available for full-time and part-time study. Successful students can progress to higher levels of qualification with credits for previous study.
Our graduates work as:
- Personal trainers
- Sports coaches
- Sport development workers
- Physical education teachers
- Well-being and sports nutritionists
- Rehabilitation trainers
- Sports consultants
- Sport scientists
- Sports medicine practitioners
- Rehabilitation therapists
- Outdoor adventure instructors
- Community sport and recreation officers
- Massage practitioners
- Conservation officers