Dr Glynis Longhurst
What do you love about your job?
Being able to see our students grow and use their new fond knowledge to enhance the well-being of our clients in the Biokinetic clinic.
Hobbies and interests
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
- 1991 BA (Psychology and Human Movement)
- 2010 Diploma Sports Massage
- 1995 Higher Education Diploma (Postgraduate)
- 1995 Masters in Human Movement Science
- 2002 PhD (Sport Science)
- 2011 Certificate in Adult Teaching
- 2017 Certificate in Exercise Prescription for the Prevention and Treatment of Disease
Industry experience, affiliations and achievements
- Accreditation: South African Professional Institute of Kinderkinetics, Clinical Exercise Physiology
- Member of the International Federation of Adapted Physical Activity and South African Professional Institute for Kinderkinetics.
- Secretary General of the International Council for Physical Activity and Fitness Research
- Clinic Manager for the Wintec Biokinetic Clinic
- Board Member Sport and Exercise Science New Zealand (SESNZ) Accreditation portfolio
Areas of expertise and research
- Adapted Physical Activity
- Motor Learning
- Exercise prescription for special populations
Commissioned research report to external bodies
- 2012 Taekwon-Do Research Voucher
- 2012 Ethnic minority Physical Activity Initiatives: Hamilton, New Zealand
- 2013 Hare Orange Correctional Services
- 2014 Hamilton City Council. Activate Communities Park project.